with over 300 additions from Mark in the December 2007 update.

A-C | D-J | K-R | S-Z

    CAUTION: (This Cemetery should not be confused with the nearby Crooked Creek Baptist Cemetery , for which a separate report has been made.)

    The White frame house of worship of the Century-Old “Crooked Creek Christian Church”—Now more correctly known as “Crooked Creek Congregational Christian Church” (since the merger of the “New Light” Christian and Congregationalist Denominations)—and it’s Churchyard Parking-lot, are in the S.E. Corner of N.E. 1.4 of Section 3 of Congressional Township 27 North, of Range One West, of Indiana’s second principal Meridian.

   The Cemetery lies particularly North and Northeast, but also West, Northwest, and East, of the Church (and it’s parking-lot), and overflows across the section-line to the Eastward, and therefore is Partly in the S.W. corner of N.W.1/4 of S.W.1/4 of section 2. About four miles slightly-west-of-due-south of the town of ROYAL CENTRE (Population 900), This cemetery accordingly is in Northeastern JEFFERSON TOWNSHIP ,  OF Northwestern CASS COUNTY , of Northcentral INDIANA.

   Cemetery is nearly 2 miles west of the Noble Township line, and approximately 200 rods south of the Boone Township line, and is 4 miles N.N.E. of Lake Cicott , and is nine miles N.W. of City of Logansport.

    The Church derives its name from a sizable (and unusually winding) northern tributary of Wabash River known as Crooked Creek. This Creek flows north about 40 rods east of cemetery; flows west, about 40 rods north of it; and flows south, half a mile west of it.


                                     Fieldwork was done in Late June of 1942 by

                                                   R.B. Whitsett, Jr.

                                                   500 Front Street

                                                  Logansport , Indiana

                                 of the Cemetery-Research Committee of the


L’Anguille Valley Memorial


Logansport , Indiana ,


For the Indiana Historical Society and State Library, and with some assistance from the following interested citizens:

James W. Gray [born 1856], the sexton, R.F.D. 3, Royal Centre, Ind.; His assistant [and adopted son], Homer M. Gray, R.F.D.3, Royal Centre, Ind.; and a native and former resident of the vicinity, Philip H. Busard, of 301 East Miami Avenue, Logansport, Indiana.  

A-C | D-J | K-R | S-Z

This database is now much more complete with over 300 additions from Mark in November 2007

Additional photos by Jay Thompson.

This L’Anguille Valley Report and data were input by Sadie Cunningham for the Cass County INGenWeb Project.

This database reflects burials prior to the fieldwork completed on 7 July 1942.  A few later death dates were added from research by Debby.   Documented additions are welcome and may be sent to Debby.


Return to Cemeteries of Cass County Indiana