the year 1840 Mercer Brown owned land north of Logansport, two miles on the
Michigan road and like most pioneers, when the visiting angel claimed a loved
one, he interred the remains on a knoll upon his own lands. So Mercer Brown
buried his son Israel in an improvised box in a secluded spot on the northwest
quarter of the southwest quarter of section 18, Clay township, about eighty rods
west of the Michigan road opposite the home of Robt. Barnett, where he has slept
the sleep that knows no waking for the past seventy-five years."
History of Cass County Indiana; Dr. Jehu Z Powell, 1913
Submitted by Mark; 28 Oct 2007.
Return to Cemeteries of Cass County Indiana