or Wattsbaugh Private Cemetery is situated on a sandy knoll, covered with oak
bushes, one-half mile S.E. of the N.W. corner of Jefferson Township in the N.W.
1/4 sec. 6, now the property of John Gougle. In this elevated yet lonely place
Mrs. Lobaugh was laid to rest in 1839. She was the mother of John A Fuller's
first wife. A number of unmarked graves are here located and the following
inscriptions are taken from marble slabs lying under the trees and covered with
leaves: Andrew Cast, son of W. and S. Cast, died 1852; Henry Cast, son of W. and
S. Cast, died 1854; Alvin, son of S. and L. Swartzell, died 1853; Martha,
daughter of J.C. and S. Wattsbaugh, died 1854.
burial ground was started by Lobaugh and Wattsbaughm who owned the adjoining
farm, but no deeds or reservations were ever made."
Submitted by Mark; 28 Oct 2007.
Return to Cemeteries of Cass County Indiana