A-K | L-Z
This cemetery is in the
eastern part of
The original old framed structure church for which this old cemetery was named [one of the very oldest in the history of Cass County], was abandoned & torn down & was supplanted about 1879 with a brick edifice in the Hamlet of Hooverville [now part of ADAMSBORO] & less than 3/4 mile N.W. of this cemetery. The cemetery which had adjoined the old church though now though no longer in any church-yard is still maintained & used for the purposes for which it was set aside in 1833.
Fieldwork on this cemetery was done June 1940 for the
L’ANGUILLE VALLEY MEMORIAL ASSOCIATION
on special request of the Township Trustee, Chester Henson
Chas. W. Scott of
& corrected & report made by Slate Kline of rural
With comments & additions by R.B.Whitsett, Jr. 10-17-1940.
Many unmarked graves
5 undecipherable stones
4 small stones next to the Rush lot w/o markings
5 Lanham graves-[John, Wm.
& Morris: One died of fatal wounds when struck by a club during a quarrel.]
Also, Hannah & an un-named person They are buried near the
4 empty spaces next to Tyson family
“J.H.P.” & 4 graves; Lot with corners & no markers but probably are Mr. & Mrs. Joe H. PAULINE & their children.
HOHN/HAHN: probably the same family.
to Original Report
In addition to the foregoing 200 or more persons buried here, we submit data for a few soldiers who according to the late historian, Dr. Jehu Z. Powell [a usually dependable & very through investigator, who made a study of the soldiers graves in this locality], likewise who lie buried in this Miami Baptist Cemetery in now unmarked or undecipherable graves.
Pfoutz, Franklin: d: 1867-Aged
24 Co.B. 46th
A-K | L-Z
Input by Pat Fiscel from the L'Anguille Valley Memorial Association Report for the Cass County INGenWeb Project.
Photographing was sponsored by Donna; photos added 17 October 2007; photos are © Debby Beheler
Return to Cemeteries of Cass County Indiana