CORNER OF N.W. 1/4, SECTION 24; T.27N., R3E OF THE 2ND
A-Z | Veterans
the E. side of
CASS STATION ROAD
& on the S. side of
[which is virtually an eastward continuation] of
cemetery is perched high on a bluff of the East Terrace Rim of the
flowing & beautiful winding Eel River, which once served as a
BLUFF” for a very large [but now long vanished] Eel River
Miami Indian Town.
The view from this cemetery affords its visitors the most
panoramic view of the
, [of anywhere in all] of
. As a rule, the taller chimneys of
are plainly visible from even the
, which passes this cemetery.
are as many as 25 graves in this cemetery with no markers.
cemetery was established by the [long-since-disbanded]
MT. Calvary Church of the Brethren
[“Dunkard or German Baptist”] which was a
sister church [organized about 1880] to a church [of that denomination]
at Mexico in Miami
[abt. 10 miles N.E. & across
.] but in later years was assigned to the Logansport
Church of the Brethren just
5 miles west.
1882-1883 a frame church was erected
just North of, but across
from this cemetery, which is no longer
standing. Just north of its
former site is a small brick structure serving as the Community Hall
Hamlet of Adamsboro which
was built following the consolidation of all the townships schools at
of New Waverly. Adamsboro
both sides of the
but less than 1/2 mile N. of the cemetery, owing to
the fact that this cemetery
is a little than 1/4 mile South of a suburb of the hamlet of Adamsboro,
known as Hooverville.
is occasionally referred to as the “
should not be confused with
the cemetery 1/2 mile East & lying on the same side of Miller
Road known as
the “Adamsboro or Miami Baptist Cemetery.”
additional stones on the Keeport Lot that are totally undecipherable.
Historical Society &
VALLEY MEMORIAL ASSOCIATION
by Chas. W. Scott June
, IN who lived S. of New Waverly, Cass Co., IN.
made by R.B. Whitsett, Jr.-Chairman of L’A.V.M.A. cemetery
Anna Cary Whitsett
Trustee-Chester Henson of
A-Z | Veterans
data collected in 1940, was input by Pat Fiscel April 2007 for use on
County INGenWeb Project Site. Web preparation by Debby
with additions or
County INGenWeb HomeCemeteries
of Cass County Indiana