Bruner Cemetery




   IN Northwest Corner of Section 34, Township 25 North, of Range (2) East, of Second Indiana P.M.

   Bruner Cemetery is 2 7/8 Mi. West of: WALTON, CASS COUNTY, and at South side of road on State Road 218, in Southeastern WASHINGTON TOWNSHIP, in Southeastern CASS COUNTY, in North central INDIANA.

    Editorial Comment: Though at least “verbally” donated (for use as a cemetery) by Daniel BRUNER, during the 1840’s, this one-acre tract was deeded March 2, 1861, by John Small to trustees of the (New Light) Christian church which since about 1855, had been holding church-services in school houses (and other places) in this immediate vicinity. In 1872, this congregation erected a church edifice, but, thanks to the donation of a ---in some respects---still More attractive plot of ground one mile to the westward of this cemetery, placed its edifice elsewhere than adjoining this cemetery. This flourishing church is officially known as the Rock Creek Valley Christian (or Christian Congregationalist) Church, but has long been better known locally as the BLUE BALL church, because of a conspicouous, blue-colored globe (symbolising the world, as the field for Christian endeavor) which long occupied a place of honor on the top of the steeple of the original church building. Though never a churchyard cemetery in strict sense of the term, this cemetery was virtually one. End of Report.


Data Entry by Sadie Cunningham.  


Last Updated:October 15, 2006
This information is provided for non-commerical use only and may contain inaccuracies. Please report any inaccuracies to: Debby Beheler
All photographs are copyrighted by Debby Beheler and may be used for personal use only.
Bruner Cemetery
Cass Co. INGenWeb Home
Cass County Cemeteries

Created With Cemetery DataSource Software © 2006 John C. Anderson