PISGAH CHRISTIAN CHURCH CEMETERY
503 N 600 W. Logansport, In 46947
Pisgah Presbyterian Church left the Presbyterian denomination in the mid 1960's and became Pisgah Church, an independent Christian church. In the early 1990's they added Christian and the church and thus the cemetery are named "Pisgah Christian Church."
Is in the large and beautiful Churchyard of the widely known rural
church, which is in S.E. Corner of N.E. Quarter of Section 23 of T 27 N., R. 1
W., of second Indiana Principal Meridian, and is in
and Church are in the Northwest part of a main crossroads situated one-half mile
North of U.S. Highway 24 [Logansport to Monticello] and of the “State Line”
[or Effner, Illinois] Line of the Pennsylvania Railroad, and little more than
one-quarter of a mile west of the Chicago-To-Logansport Line of
said Pennsylvania Railroad, and little more than half a mile Northwest of
the P.R.R. Junction-point known as Curveton. Cemetery is two miles
slightly-north-of-due-east of the Village of Lake Cicott, which village is
situated at the Eastern end of the most southern one of all of the
VALLEY MEMORIAL ASSOCIATION,
After having been compiled
and carefully checked by, MR. and MRS. ROBERT W. BARR, Rural Rout 5,
This land was opened to use as a cemetery in or before 1842, practically exactly one century prior to the compiling and submission of this Present Report, and at least one Decade before the Land owner, John Wilson (or Willson); on April 16, 1852, conveyed it to Trustees of the Pisgah Church, who then caused to be erected here the First Church-edifice on this site, which was adjudged preferable to the former  location which was about 3 miles farther East or East-Northeast, and in Section 17 of the adjoining township of NOBLE.
This database is based on the early reading by the L'Anguille Valley Memorial Association, as entered by Sadie Cunningham, September 2006, photographs taken by Dena Gibbs and research by Debby Beheler.
Put into web format by Debby Beheler. Please send updates, additions, photos, and obituaries to Debby. Please put Pisgah Cemetery in your subject line.
Created for non-commercial use only for the Cass County INGenWeb Project.
Uploaded 10 March 2012