Is near the N.E. Corner of the west half of the S. W. quarter of section eleven  of T. 26 N., R. 1 W., of Second Indiana Principal Meridian, in the western part of CLINTON TOWNSHIP, near S. W. corner of CASS COUNTY, in North-central INDIANA; and is about two miles due south of (but across Wabash River from) the Village of Georgetown; and approximately a quarter of a mile south of Keeps Creek at a point about one mile above [up the creek from] that creek’s confluence (below Georgetown) with Wabash River
is less than a mile and a quarter East of the Carroll County line, and also
about a mile and a half North of that [here elbowing] Carroll County, County
1872, arrangements were completed for the formal setting aside of this nicely
situated land (on the west side of a then main-traveled North to South road) for
permanent use as a Cemetery; and on New Year’s Day, 1873, it’s owner, James
Justice, executed a deed, to three trustees, for that purpose (3/4 acre). In
1876, he deeded additional Land (lying just south) ¼ acre, to trustees
representing three separate Religious Denominations:
Christian [Now known as Congregational Christian]
Christian [Now Disciples of Christ, but commonly called “Christian”],
of God [then commonly called “Dunkard”]; and a very sturdy brick Church was
promptly erected, this church is still used for Funerals (and perhaps
occasionally also for other meetings), but was long since abandoned for regular
church services by even the “New Lights”, who, it is said, were the last to
use it for such Regular Worship services.
in this Cemetery was done on September 28, 1941 by R.B. Whitsett, Jr., secretary
the L’Anguille Valley Memorial Association,
The above information was collected by R. B. Whitsett, Jr., with assistance of Aldus M. Justice, both members of the L'Anguille Valley Memorial Association. Introduction was typed by Sadie Cunningham and data was input by Sadie as well in September 2006.
This Cemetery is also referred to as "Keeps Creek Cemetery."