Jackson Twp., Cass Co., IN
On June 3, 1857, George Sprinkle deeded to John Kemp and James Atwood, trustees of the Methodist Episcopal church, one acre of ground in the N. W. corner of the S. W. 1/4 Sec. 20, Jackson township, for church and burial purposes. Again on January 16, 1874, William Faris, of Hamilton county, Indiana, conveyed to the Cass county commissioners a strip of land 3X13 rods on the east of the above tract, and on April 4, 1859 George Sprinkle deeded to the trustees, Nearcy Jump, Samuel B. Sprinkle, Andrew Wiseman, Joseph M. Weaver and George Sprinkle one acre adjoining the above mentioned tract for the use of the Sprinkle graveyard and the Methodist Episcopal church. A church was erected here but it was abandoned and torn down when the Lincoln church was built. This is a large cemetery, well located on the bluff, on the west bank of the south fork of Deer creek, near where the old Sprinkle sawmill stood in early days. The ground are interspersed with evergreen trees and has some fine monuments
SOURCE: 1913 History of Cass County Indiana by Jehu Z. Powell
These persons are listed in Jehu Powell's History of Cass Co as having been buried at Sprinkle, but are not listed above.
Uraula Foster Campbell d. abt 1850 - first burial
Emma (Mrs. J.) Elder d. 25 Jul 1857 or 51?
N. W. Gurver 1874 Co. D. 3 Ind. Cav.
Noah Snyder 1864 Co. D. 38 or 39th Ind.
T. B. Martin 1863 Co. H. 34th Ind
Hiram Armstrong no date Co. G. 128th Ind.
B. H. Knight 1863 Co. a. 54th Ind.
|This information is provided for non-commerical use only and may contain inaccuracies. Please report any inaccuracies to: Debby Beheler|
|All photographs are copyrighted by Debby Beheler and may be used for personal use only.|