South side of State Road 218 just west of State Road 19 and about 5 miles east of US 31
In 1845 a spot of ground was cleared on the north bank of Pipe Creek, Harrison township, Miami county, Indiana. Some of the men who cleared this spot were Imri Murden, Andrew Woolpert and Richard Crane. In 1863, a board fence was built to keep away stock that might cause harm to the graves. In 1878 another and better board fence was built and also a tool shed in the north-west corner of the cemetery. Trustees were then elected. They served for some time and then Dr. Rollin Pence, John Zody and John Whitezel were elected. In May of 1894, an addition was made on the east side. The size of the new part was 13 rods and 13 ft. west to east by 20 rods north and south. About the same time a wire fence was put up in place of the old board fence. Driveways were made through the cemetery and steel gates erected. A new tool shed was also erected.
For a few years the grounds were kept up very well without making new improvements. In 1927 another new fence was built and cement driveways built which was a great improvement to the cemetery A flag pole was erected and the grounds were cleaned up , which made a very beautiful cemetery.
There is an unmarked grave of Mary Myers, also the grave of an Indian woman by the name of Waceona in the south-west section. There are four unmarked graves in the south-west section whom no one knows anything of and one unmarked grave of a Bowman child. Three unmarked graves of Jane Allen, Mary Raymyer, and Lotty Sands are located in the north-west section. Two unmarked graves of Henry Myers and his daughter are located in the center of the west section.
A-C | D-G | H-I | J-L | M-O | P-R | S | T-Z
Read by John Lamb Spring 2005; photographs and updated reading by John Peck and Barbara Bugher September/October 2007.
Contact Debby Beheler for updates and corrections.